Otrzymaliśmy 42% naszego celu ..
Przekaż dowolną kwotę na rozwój naszej społeczności Aby uzyskać więcej informacji Kliknij Tutaj!

Ocena wątku:
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0
promised to slash the amount of trash
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazils Tourism Ministry has removed from its Instagram feed a photomontage that pictures the Rio de Janeiro bay where Olympic sailing events will take place as a tropical paradise of crystalline waters — a far cry from the reality of its brackish, sewage-filled waters. Miles Sanders Youth Jersey .The water quality of Rios Guanabara Bay has become one of the hot-button issues of the 2016 Olympics, with less than two years to go before the games and few signs the government will succeed in making good on a promised clean up.In the citys Olympic bid, authorities promised to slash the amount of trash and raw sewage flowing in the bay by 80 per cent ahead of the games, but the waters remain so polluted that some sailors have openly voiced their concerns about competitive and health risks.The Tourism Ministrys Instagram post late Sunday threw fuel on the fire. The photomontage pictured the Gloria Marina, the main dock on the Guanabara Bay, as a pristine, undeveloped cove of sheer rocks, with a limpid waterfall and sailboats anchored in clear turquoise waters.A report in Rios O Globo newspaper said the photo was originally the work of Instagram user Marcos Calil, whose feed is largely made up of heavily doctored images of Rio landscapes. But the ministrys caption gave no indication the photo was fake.Bathed by the waters of Guanabara Bay, the Gloria Marina is a nautical port in Rio de Janeiro, the caption read. The site is very sought after by athletes and tourists taking boat trips.The image elicited a storm of outraged user comments, and the ministry acted swiftly to remove it, later posting another photo of the actual marina, its turbid waters flanked by buildings.The caption on the real photo, posted Monday, read: Oops, we made a mistake. This is a photo of the real Gloria Marina in Rio de Janeiro. The region is still naturally beautiful.In a statement, the Ministry explained that the fake photo was part of a two-year-old project with Instagram aimed at getting users in Brazil to tag their most appealing photos of the country and its landscapes with several ministry hashtags.The photo published didnt live up to the Tourism Ministrys criteria, the statement said. In two year of the collaborative project, it was the first time that something like this happened.Nearly 70 per cent of the sewage in greater Rio, a city of 12 million inhabitants, goes untreated — flowing, raw, into area rivers, onto the beaches and into the Guanabara Bay. Authorities recently announced plans to cap a pipe that pumps untreated sewage into the Gloria Marina, which will be the starting point of Olympic sailing and wind surfing events.Participants in an Olympic test event in August complained of the stench of sewage and the presence of animal carcasses and plastic bags in the water. Still, authorities insist they are making progress with the cleanup, saying Guanabara Bay will be clean in time for the games. Wilbert Montgomery Eagles Jersey . His chance at winning a Stanley Cup in Philadelphia is over. Same with Jeff Carter. And Brian Boucher. Throw in Ville Leino and Dan Carcillo. Custom Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys . At quarterback, all agree that Andy Dalton has been a wonderful surprise, but to truly progress he has to play his best in the playoffs. The two losses in the wildcard rounds keep the evaluation on Dalton open -- just like it did for Peyton Manning many years ago and Matt Ryan until last year. https://www.eaglessportsgoods.com/Womens...ed-Jersey/ . Ashton scored a hat trick -- giving him 13 goals in 16 AHL games this season -- to power the Toronto Marlies to a 5-2 victory over the visiting Lake Erie Monsters in AHL action on Sunday.DETROIT -- Miguel Cabrera left the batters box with a bit of a hop in his step while his drive to right field sailed over the wall. "A long time, I had not hit a home run," the slugger said. Cabreras solo shot in the sixth inning was his 44th of the year, but his first since Aug. 26. It was perhaps the most encouraging highlight for Detroit in a 6-2 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Tuesday night that kept the Tigers six games ahead of second-place Cleveland in the AL Central. Detroits magic number to eliminate the Indians is six. Ahead 3-2, the Tigers escaped a bases-loaded jam in the eighth while playing without closer Joaquin Benoit and left-handed reliever Drew Smyly. They were both given the night off. "We need everybody here on our ballclub," Cabrera said. "I think everybody here stepped up tonight and did their jobs. Its what we need to still win our games, what we need if we go to the playoffs." Anibal Sanchez struck out 10 in 6 1-3 innings, but the Mariners tied it at 2 against him in the seventh, forcing Detroits relievers into action. Al Alburquerque (3-3) got out of the seventh, and Phil Coke and Jose Alvarez made it through a dodgy eighth. Alvarez got two outs in the ninth, and Jose Veras finished. Yoervis Medina (4-6) took the loss. The Mariners have dropped eight of nine. Cabrera has been bothered by a number of injuries that have affected his legs and midsection, so his opposite-field solo shot was a welcome sight for the Comerica Park crowd. It gave Detroit a 2-1 lead, but pinch-hitter Kendrys Morales tied it with an RBI double in the seventh. Alex Avila led off the bottom of the seventh with his first triple of the year, and after Jose Iglesias was hit by a pitch, Avila was caught in a rundown between third and home on Jacksons grounder. Avila stayed in the rundown long enough to enable Iglesias to go all the way from first to third, and Torii Hunters sacrifice fly put the Tigers ahead 3-2. They werent safe yet, though. With Benoit and Smyyly unavailable, Coke walked two hitters, sandwiched around an error by Iglesias at shortstop. Mike Quick Youth Jersey. Alvarez came on with the bases loaded and got Mike Zunino to hit into a double play that kept the Tigers ahead. "Obviously, I was trying for a groundball," Alvarez said. "That was a good AB for the hitter -- a couple good pitches foul. ... If we dont make the play in that situation, it costs us the game maybe, but we make it and we take the win." Zunino drew two walks but couldnt come through in what was probably the biggest at-bat of the game. "I was just trying to battle and get the ball to the outfield," he said. "Im sure I saw every pitch he had, and I was keeping myself alive, but I just didnt do what I needed to do. A groundball was the worst thing in the world right there, and they turned two on me." Omar Infante added an RBI single in the bottom of the inning, and Austin Jacksons two-run single made it 6-2. Sanchez allowed six hits and two walks in 6 1-3 innings. His American League-leading ERA is now at 2.51. He threw 125 pitches. "Im not tired, more frustrated that I got the lead twice today and I dont keep the score," Sanchez said. "But at the end we win. Thats the most important thing." Don Kellys fourth-inning homer put Detroit ahead 1-0, but Raul Ibanez tied it in the sixth with his 28th homer of the year. Seattle starter Brandon Maurer pitched five-plus innings, allowing two runs and five hits. He walked two and struck out six. "I thought Maurer was much better today than hes been," Mariners manager Eric Wedge said. "Hes struggled lately, and he was pitching at this time of year against that team, but he didnt let any of that get to him. He kept his emotions in check and did a very nice job." NOTES: Detroit manager Jim Leyland said DH Victor Martinez will catch Thursdays game. ... Detroit RHP Justin Verlander (13-11) faces Seattle RHP Hisashi Iwakuma (12-6) on Wednesday night. ' ' '
Odpowiedz

Nedds24.pl, to bardzo przyjazne forum wielotematyczne. Zapraszamy do darmowej rejestracji! Kliknij "rejestracja" i...
Dołącz do grona Użytkowników!

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości

O nas

Nedds24.pl - Najlepsze Forum i Radio Młodzieżowe na którym możesz porozmawiać dosłownie o wszystkim - począwszy od rozrywki, na finansach i polityce skończywszy. Każdy znajdzie tutaj dla siebie swój ulubiony kącik w którym będzie się czuć jak w domu. Dla nas nie ma tematów tabu. Porozmawiasz w kulturalny sposób o czym tylko chcesz i dzięki nam poznasz wiele wartościowych osób. Zapraszamy wszystkich którzy mają szeroki zakres zainteresowań i chcą o wszystkim co ciekawe rozmawiać do woli. Jest to forum zarówno dla kobiet jak i dla mężczyzn, którzy internet traktują nie tylko jako miejsce spotkań, ale także jako źródło wiedzy i wymiany poglądów.

Szybkie linki

Reklama