Otrzymaliśmy 42% naszego celu ..
Przekaż dowolną kwotę na rozwój naszej społeczności Aby uzyskać więcej informacji Kliknij Tutaj!

Ocena wątku:
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0
native spent the last six years as the leagues
MONTREAL -- Coach Tom Higgins calls working with general manager Jim Popp "a match made in heaven. Yellow Air VaporMax 2018 Outlet ." And the pleasantries exchanged between the two men on a conference call on Tuesday made it hard to imagine they were rivals for the Montreal Alouettes head coaches job. That was settled when team owner Bob Wetenhall insisted that the jobs of coach and general manager be kept separate, and that Popp would have to stick to his GM duties. "This is the model that has made us successful," said Wetenhall. "This has given Jim the time and the freedom to go out and build our team, year after year, always with a few new players added. "To have a GM with the freedom and the time to do this is the model we really wanted to go back to." In the 59-year-old Higgins, the Alouettes hired a CFL veteran who spent seven years as a head coach in Edmonton and Calgary, winning a Grey Cup with the Eskimos in 2003. The Woodbridge, N.J., native spent the last six years as the leagues director of officiating. "Tom brings a winning record and a tremendous reputation as a stand-up, high class guy," said Wetenhall. Popp, the teams general manager since it returned to Montreal in 1996 who is considered among the CFLs best, had hoped to continue in both jobs after taking over from the fired Dan Hawkins, who had no previous CFL experience, only five games in to the 2013 campaign. When Higgins was confirmed in the job on Monday, it raised speculation that Popp may be on his way out. Wetenhall would not confirm Popps long-term status with the club, but made it clear he wanted his GM to stay. And Popp, whose name has been linked to NFL jobs in recent years, said hes wants to carry on. "Ive been with the Alouettes for 18 years -- I plan on being there, its my other home," said Popp. "Ive had six children that were all born in Montreal and I really have no interest in leaving. "Circumstances come up, but the organization knows how loyal I am. Im a company man and its a place I enjoy being. Theres a lot that gets thrown around out there, a lot of it thats not true. But Im very happy." That Popp joined in the conference call was a surprise. His name wasnt mentioned in the Higgins announcement. And it was unusual that the general manager was not involved in the decision to hire the head coach. Wetenhalls son Andrew, a team governor, said that as a candidate for the coaching job, Popp would have been in conflict of interest if he had a say in who the next coach would be. But Popp had provided the owners with a list of potential coaching candidates with an assessment of their abilities. "This is a case where two people can work together who didnt select one another," said Andrew Wetenhall. "We have the added benefit of two guys who know each other and have a heck of a lot of respect for each other." Higgins said he didnt feel awkward at all working with Popp. "I couldnt be happier," he said. "I think our personalities complement one another. "We both want the same thing. This is an opportunity for myself to get back on the field where I belong. This is not a challenge whatsoever." Higgins first job will be to hire an offensive co-ordinator and fill out the coaching staff, which he expects to complete within 10 days. The Alouettes had already signed defensive co-ordinator Noel Thorpe to a two-year contract extension on Dec. 4, with the added title of assistant head coach. They also confirmed that Andre Bolduc, a former CFL player and head coach at Sherbrooke University, was signed as a defensive assistant coach. Wetenhall said one of Higgins assets was his ability to work with young quarterbacks, which will be needed in Montreal this season. For the first time since 2000, they will not have Anthony Calvillo as the starter as the CFLs all-time passing leader has retired. Troy Smith, the 2006 Heisman Trophy winner, and youngster Tanner Marsh are expected to compete for the starting job, with Alex Brink also in the picture. Higgins said he has worked with gifted young pivots before in Henry Burris and Ricky Ray. He feels the Alouettes can improve on last years 8-10 season. "Ive always marvelled at the level of talent in Montreal," he said. "I hope to bring a level of consistency and discipline. "We are going to be competitive and entertaining. And when you start doing that and playing disciplined football, usually you win more than you lose." Womens Air VaporMax 2018 . -- DeMarcus Cousins had 29 points, nine rebounds and six steals to lead the Sacramento Kings to their third straight preseason win, a 107-90 victory over the Phoenix Suns on Thursday night. Cheap Air VaporMax China .NYCFC confirmed to The Associated Press on Saturday that this week Lampard signed a contract to start in July — midway through the new teams first season in MLS. http://www.cheapairvapormaxfreeshipping.com/ . That little deal worked out in a big way for the Mavericks. Nowitzki had 21 points Tuesday night to pass Oscar Robertson for 10th on the NBAs career scoring list, leading the Mavs to a 95-83 victory over the Utah Jazz.OAKLAND, Calif. - Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon walked toward shortstop and his right foot sunk some two inches, causing him to turn his right ankle. That was minor, yet everybody involved in the postponed game between the Seattle Mariners and Oakland Athletics on Friday night feared the worst if they had tried to play on a rain-soaked field. Even the umpiring crew deemed the conditions too dangerous. McClendon had his doubts the field could be ready for a 1:05 p.m. first pitch Saturday. "Thats probably the worst conditions Ive seen in all my years in baseball. Its not safe," McClendon said. "It was just a safety issue more than anything. They made the right decision." David Rinetti, As vice-president of stadium operations, said the tarp was kept off the field overnight in an effort to let it dry out after a week of heavy rains in the drought-starved Bay Area but an unexpected downpour caused further problems and the grounds crew worked tirelessly on the infield dirt from 7 a.m. until the game was called about the time of scheduled first pitch at 7:05 p.m. A delay had previously been announced. "Unfortunate misinterpretation of the forecast," Oakland general manager Billy Beane said. The As use a weather consultant to help make decisions during the wet weather and regarding use of the tarp. Rinetti said one-third of an inch of rain hit the area and the infield was under water when officials arrived Friday. The tarp went back on at about 4:35 p.m. when a steady rain began again. "Over the last week weve had probably more rain at the facility than weve had as long as Ive been here, which is many, many years," Rinetti said. "The field has taken a significant hit all week, and weve been working with a weather consultant get as much up to date information as possible. We had information last night that there was going to be a break in the storm. And because of that we wanted to use that opportunity to help dry out the field. Unfortunately we were wrong on the amount of rain, and we got about a third of an inch of rain last night." Players on both sides decided to pplay one game Saturday afternoon rather than a split doubleheader, which will be played later. Air VaporMax Sale. Felix Hernandez (1-0) will start as scheduled for Seattle against Dan Straily, who had been set to go Friday in his season debut. "Prepare to pitch tomorrow," Hernandez said. "That happens." Mariners athletic trainer Rick Griffin recalled a time in Chicago in the late 90s when Seattle played on a soggy field and lost one player to a groin injury and another to a pulled hamstring, prompting manager Lou Piniella to tell everyone, "Nobody run hard," Griffin said, quoting the former skipper. This marked Oaklands third weather-related game to be called off in seven days after the preseason Bay Bridge finale against the Giants was cancelled last Saturday. Tuesdays game was also postponed by rain and made up Wednesday as part of a day-night doubleheader. For the Mariners, it was another strange visit to the rundown Oakland Coliseum. Last June 16, a clogged pipe caused a sewage backup and flooding on the bottom floor of the ballpark that sent the Mariners and As scrambling around in towels. They headed for higher ground, to shower in the Oakland Raiders locker room. A hazmat crew inspected the affected areas for E-coli and a huge cleanup operation ensued — including the installation of new carpeting and the removal of some lockers in the visiting clubhouse to repair water-damaged walls with new sheet rock and wooden supports. In addition, new drywall was put in about a foot above the floor. New cabinets were needed in the visiting training room, and a new dining table and vanity in the nearby umpires room. Seattle GM Jack Zduriencik considers the incidents separate. He is more concerned with playing baseball. "Its a dated facility, what can you say?" Zduriencik said. "Its unusual. Very unusual. But they just didnt get the tarp down is what they said. They couldnt get the field ready. Well see what happens. They said theyll work on it all night and what that means, well have to see. But they have a lot of work to do to get it ready." ' ' '
Odpowiedz

Nedds24.pl, to bardzo przyjazne forum wielotematyczne. Zapraszamy do darmowej rejestracji! Kliknij "rejestracja" i...
Dołącz do grona Użytkowników!

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości

O nas

Nedds24.pl - Najlepsze Forum i Radio Młodzieżowe na którym możesz porozmawiać dosłownie o wszystkim - począwszy od rozrywki, na finansach i polityce skończywszy. Każdy znajdzie tutaj dla siebie swój ulubiony kącik w którym będzie się czuć jak w domu. Dla nas nie ma tematów tabu. Porozmawiasz w kulturalny sposób o czym tylko chcesz i dzięki nam poznasz wiele wartościowych osób. Zapraszamy wszystkich którzy mają szeroki zakres zainteresowań i chcą o wszystkim co ciekawe rozmawiać do woli. Jest to forum zarówno dla kobiet jak i dla mężczyzn, którzy internet traktują nie tylko jako miejsce spotkań, ale także jako źródło wiedzy i wymiany poglądów.

Szybkie linki

Reklama