Otrzymaliśmy 42% naszego celu ..
Przekaż dowolną kwotę na rozwój naszej społeczności Aby uzyskać więcej informacji Kliknij Tutaj!

Ocena wątku:
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0
Officials wouldnt have had a good handle on the number
TORONTO -- Ontarios Liberal government admitted Tuesday that the original $113-million security tab for Torontos 2015 Pan Am Games was just a "place holder" number, and warned the latest estimate of $239 million could go higher. Manny Pina Brewers Jersey . The Toronto 2015 Pan Am organizing committee came up with the figure because they had to put something in the bid book that helped secure the international event for the city, said Tourism Minister Michael Chan. "The $113 million was presented a long time ago, in 2010, and it was a place holder because security has to be there," said Chan. "You probably will appreciate TO2015 doesnt have the skills, they dont have the expertise, they dont have any knowledge about security." Saad Rafi, who took over as the CEO of the TO2015 Pan Am organizing committee after Ian Troop was fired, said he wasnt involved when the citys bid was prepared and couldnt say where the $113 million estimate came from. Officials wouldnt have had a good handle on the number of athletes and coaches that would be coming or how many venues would be used and in what communities when they prepared the security estimate for the bid book, added Rafi. "I think a myriad of elements and factors go into generating an estimate of costs," he said. "If you want a more detailed answer Im afraid we couldnt give it because we werent there to submit the bid book." The Opposition demanded Chan resign or be fired after the security bill for next years Games more than doubled. "The minister and this government and TO2015 and everyone involved in these games doesnt have a clue whats going on," said Progressive Conservative critic Rod Jackson. "They cant answer a straight question in the House on this, and it seems like no cost is too high." Chan bristled at suggestions he should have known what the original $113 million estimate for security at the Games was based on. "I wasnt there," he said. "Do you really want to know why they had that number in there? Theres probably a reason for that." The $239-million tab for security will likely change before the Games start in July 2015, but could go down or up, added Chan. "Anybody who thinks that number will be stationary, will not move, I think that would be unreasonable because we still have a year and five months before the Games and lots of things can happen," he said. "And that number can go down if we control costs, or security may go up. This is the nature of the Games." Rafi announced the Games were on schedule and on budget so far, and admitted one of his biggest concerns was getting people interested in the Pan Am competitions. "We want to engage the public and create a sense of excitement which will drive their participation in festivals as well as the Games themselves," he said. "We want to make sure we can maximize our ticket revenue." The 2015 Pan Am Games will take place at 34 different competition venues across the Golden Horseshoe, from Niagara in the south to Orillia in the north, running from July 7 to 26, followed by the Parapan Am Games Aug. 7 to 15. The total budget for the Games is now estimated at $2.5 billion. Taylor Williams Brewers Jersey . The injury could land Machado on the 15-day disabled list, but its not as serious as it looked on Monday night, when the third baseman crumpled in a heap at the plate after taking an awkward swing in a game against the New York Yankees. Rollie Fingers Brewers Jersey . TSNs coverage of the Third Round gets underway Sunday with Game 1: Los Angeles at Chicago at 3pm et/Noon pt. TSNs broadcast schedule for the Third Round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs is as follows: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Los Angeles Kings• Game 1: Los Angeles at Chicago – Sunday, May 18 at 3pm et/Noon pt• Game 2: Los Angeles at Chicago – Wednesday, May 21 at 8pm et/5pm pt• Game 4: Chicago at Los Angeles – Monday, May 26 at 9pm et/6pm pt Featured in the broadcast booth for TSN are play-by-play announcer Chris Cuthbert and game analyst Ray Ferraro, with Farhan Lalji contributing reports from rinkside. https://www.cheapbrewers.com/1739y-jorda...ewers.html . "This doesnt end anything," he said. "Weve got 10-1 in our last 11 games, and were going home in first place. We just have to keep playing the way we are right now.Wide receiver Sidney Rice and defensive end Red Bryant were released by the Seattle Seahawks on Friday, giving the Super Bowl champions additional salary cap space as free agency approaches. Seattle made the expected roster moves official eight days before teams can start speaking with potential free agents. Bryant had spent his entire career with the Seahawks after being a fourth-round draft pick in 2008, while Rice signed as a free agent before the 2011 season. According to the leagues transaction report, Rice was released with a "failed physical" designation. Both were due hefty salaries in 2014 that didnt necessarily match the production they had shown on the field. Rice had struggled with injuries with the Seahawks and was lost for the 2013 season after Week 8 with a knee injury. Bryant was a unique player as a 300-pound defensive end for the Seahawks, but his playing time had diminished. Seattle should save more than $12 million in salary cap space with the moves. Rice was due $8.5 million in base salary for 2014 and Bryant $4.5 million. "We want to thank both Red and Sidney for their effort, commitment and contribution to the Seattle Seahawks over the last few years," Seattle general manager John Schneider said in a statement. "These are extremely tough decisions, but we wanted to give them a head start on free agency. We wish them well in the future." Both moves were expected to happen and are likely the first in a sseries that will change the makeup of the Super Bowl champions. Mike Moustakas Jersey. Bryant was one of just four players left from before the arrival of Schneider and head coach Pete Carroll. He was given a new contract during the 2012 off-season, but the emergence of Michael Bennett -- one of Seattles top free agent priorities -- appeared to make Bryant expendable. The only players still remaining from the pre-Carroll era are centre Max Unger, defensive tackle Brandon Mebane and punter Jon Ryan. Bryant was also a captain and vocal leader of Seattles league-best defence. He could be an attractive option in free agency for a team seeking a defensive end that can hold the edge in defending the run in a 3-4 defence. Rice had not matched the production that came with his big contract, mostly because of injuries. Rice played in 33 games with 31 starts with 97 receptions for 1,463 yards and 12 touchdowns. But his 2011 season was cut short by a concussion and he was unable to finish the 2013 season after suffering an ACL tear in his knee and being placed on injured reserve. Rice led Seattle in receptions (50) and yards receiving (748) during the 2012 season, one of just two seasons in his career that hes played in all 16 regular-season games. Rice tweeted a goodbye to Seattle fans shortly after his release became official: "The amount of love I have for the .12thman and the (at)Seahawks organization! Thanks for a wonderful experience!" ' ' '
Odpowiedz

Nedds24.pl, to bardzo przyjazne forum wielotematyczne. Zapraszamy do darmowej rejestracji! Kliknij "rejestracja" i...
Dołącz do grona Użytkowników!

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 2 gości

O nas

Nedds24.pl - Najlepsze Forum i Radio Młodzieżowe na którym możesz porozmawiać dosłownie o wszystkim - począwszy od rozrywki, na finansach i polityce skończywszy. Każdy znajdzie tutaj dla siebie swój ulubiony kącik w którym będzie się czuć jak w domu. Dla nas nie ma tematów tabu. Porozmawiasz w kulturalny sposób o czym tylko chcesz i dzięki nam poznasz wiele wartościowych osób. Zapraszamy wszystkich którzy mają szeroki zakres zainteresowań i chcą o wszystkim co ciekawe rozmawiać do woli. Jest to forum zarówno dla kobiet jak i dla mężczyzn, którzy internet traktują nie tylko jako miejsce spotkań, ale także jako źródło wiedzy i wymiany poglądów.

Szybkie linki

Reklama