Otrzymaliśmy 42% naszego celu ..
Przekaż dowolną kwotę na rozwój naszej społeczności Aby uzyskać więcej informacji Kliknij Tutaj!

Ocena wątku:
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0
up first baseman Freddie Freeman
KISSIMMEE, Fla. Clearance Nike Air Max 90 . -- The Atlanta Braves have been on a signing spree. So far theyve locked up first baseman Freddie Freeman, right fielder Jason Heyward, starter Julio Teheran, and closer Craig Kimbrel. On Wednesday, the Braves extended the contracts of general manager Frank Wren and manager Fredi Gonzalez. Wren and Gonzalez were entering the final years of their contracts and Braves president John Schuerholz simply said he wanted the deals to be done as soon as possible. Terms and the amount of the contracts were not disclosed. Schuerholz made the announcement before the first full-squad workout of the spring. "Theyve done wonderful jobs for us," Schuerholz said. "Were not going to talk about the lengths, but they have been extended." After a long first day with the full squad, Gonzalez said he was happy to have the contract issue out of the way. "Im excited," Gonzalez said. "It gives me a chance to stay in Atlanta and I love being here. This is a place I want to be for a long time. Im just happy with the whole thing." Last season, the Braves went 96-66 and won the National League East before falling in the playoffs. Gonzalez finished third in National League Manager of the Year voting. He has a career record with the Braves of 279-207. Gonzalez has a long history with the Braves as a third base coach under manager Bobby Cox. He started his managing career with the Florida Marlins where he served for 3 1/2 seasons. Wren has been in the Braves organization since 1999 and replaced Schuerholz as general manager after the 2007 season. Schuerholz said he was happy to have Wren and Gonzalez wrapped up before contracts became an issue during the regular season. "Its just not the way to run a company," said Schuerholz of spending the year negotiating contracts. These guys deserve better than that and thats why we did it." "Thats not something we wanted to avoid, its just not the way to run a company," he said. "And these guys deserve more than that, better than that, and thats why we did it." The four player signings along with the Wren and Gonzalez extensions, showed that the Braves arent afraid to spend money. On the four players alone, they spent $227.7 million. NOTES: Gonzalez got a chance to see RHP Brandon Beachy pitch and said he is impressed. Beachy was 2-1 with five starts last year after returning from Tommy John surgery. ... Gonzalez said he is still adjusting to the new rules regarding replay. The Braves will be allowed the use of replay three times during spring training. He said he is still trying to figure out the rules. He said he will likely have a part-time coach in the replay booth to send down signals on the calls. ... RHP Kris Medlen sat in front of the dugout at Champion Stadium to have his hair completely shaven to support awareness and funding for cancer research. Several cancer survivors helped out and Medlen said he felt fine about his new look after it was over. Nike Air Max 90 From China . The Canadian Luge Association officially named seven athletes to the 2014 Olympic team Tuesday. Edney, will lead teenagers John Fennell and Mitchel Malyk into their first Games in mens singles. Tristan Walker and Justin Snith will represent Canada in doubles, while Gough, will be joined by Kimberley McRae in womens singles. Cheap Nike Air Max 90 . The 22-year-old Spanish midfielder recently signed a new three-year contract with Chelsea, and after spending last season on loan with Valencia in La Liga, Romeu will move to the Bundesliga for the 2014-15 campaign. https://www.cheapnikeairmax90china.us/ . Listen to the Raptors vs. Jazz live tonight on TSN Radio 1050 at 9pm et/6pm pt. The Raptors are 1-1 so far on the five-game junket after defeating Denver and losing to Portland.VANCOUVER -- Roberto Luongo wont have any family joining him next month when he suits up for Canada at the Winter Olympics. The same goes for Swedens Daniel Sedin. The Vancouver Canucks teammates are both concerned over security at the Games in Sochi, Russia, after a series of threats and terrorist attacks in the region. Two suicide bombers killed 34 people in the southern Russian city of Volgograd in December, and officials say they are hunting three more potential attackers -- including one believed to be in Sochi. "Its definitely on my mind, Im not going to lie," Luongo said after practice on Wednesday. "I think were all a little bit concerned. Were definitely going to keep an eye on it over the next few weeks." Sedin, who is set to compete for Sweden along with his twin brother Henrik, said he was "absolutely" concerned about the news coming out of Russia, including email threats on Wednesday against a handful of European countries set to participate at the Olympics. The threats were largely dismissed as a hoax, but the concern over security in Sochi is serious. "We talk about it quite a bit. Its nothing you can really joke about," said Sedin. "Its in the back of your head for sure." Luongo, the odds on favourite to start for Canada in its first game Feb. 13 against Norway, and Sedin both said safety is the main reason their families wont be travelling to Russia. Sedin added that if family members wanted to join him and his brother, he would discourage them from making the trip. An Islamic militant group in Dagestan -- which is located about 500 kilometres from Sochi -- claimed responsibility for the bombings in Volgograd in a video posted on Sunday. The video also contained a threat to strike the Olympics. Penguins captain Sidney Crosby voiced similar concerns to those of Luongo and Sedin to reporters in Pittsburgh on Sunday. "Obviously everybody watches the news and knows that theres been things happening fairly close to there," said Crosby, who will captain the Canadian team. "From what weve been told, I think theyre going to do everything they can to make sure its safe and secure. Were going over to play and focus on that. "Its not something everyones totally worried about, but I think its hard not to think about it when things are happening kind of close to there." Luongo is not the only Canadian Olympian advising his family to stay at home. Fellow goaltender Mike Smith doesnt want concern over his young family to affect his play while in Sochi. "Me having two young kids, my wifes also expecting numbeer three, theyre not going to go. Fake Nike Air Max 90. . Its not worth it," said Smith on Wednesday before his Phoenix Coyotes played the Calgary Flames. "Its not worth it for myself, thinking about is she okay whenever Im not with her. Its something thats unfortunate but thats just how it is." Toronto Maple Leafs forward James van Riemsdyk, who will suit up for the United States in Sochi, said back in December that American hockey officials told him that security will be "very tight." "I know they mentioned things about different actions they were going to take as far as making sure everythings secure," he said. "It seemed like they were on top of all that." Minnesota Wild defenceman Ryan Suter, who will also play for the Americans, said after practice Wednesday that his wife and two young children wont be travelling to Russia. The long trip is part of the reason, but Suter said recent news about terrorist threats made the decision "a little bit easier." Another American Olympian, Suters friend and Wild teammate Zach Parise, also advised his parents and relatives not to come. He said the situation is "nerve wracking, thats for sure." Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kanes parents travelled to Vancouver in 2010 to cheer for him and Team USA. He said Wednesday his mother, a sister and his girlfriend are planning to come to Russia, despite the safety concerns. "They understand whats going on," Kane said. "Its their choice to go over there, and they wanted to. Ill take the support for sure." Kane said hes not worried about security in Sochi. "You hear different things about it, so obviously youre going to think about it," he said. "But at the end of the day, what can we really do about it? Its not our job to worry about that stuff. If something happens, its completely out of our control. If youre worrying about that, then your heads in the wrong place. I think we have to be worried about going over going there and playing well as a country and a team and enjoying your time over there, too." The same goes for Kanes teammate, Jonathan Toews, a member of Team Canada. Toews said his parents and girlfriend will be in Sochi, despite "that thought in their head" about the danger. "Everyone is doing everything they can to make sure there are no dangerous situations. I think our families will be pretty close to where we are in the village so thatll be a little comfort," Toews said. "We just have to enjoy it and be confident everything will be all right." ' ' '
Odpowiedz

Nedds24.pl, to bardzo przyjazne forum wielotematyczne. Zapraszamy do darmowej rejestracji! Kliknij "rejestracja" i...
Dołącz do grona Użytkowników!

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości

O nas

Nedds24.pl - Najlepsze Forum i Radio Młodzieżowe na którym możesz porozmawiać dosłownie o wszystkim - począwszy od rozrywki, na finansach i polityce skończywszy. Każdy znajdzie tutaj dla siebie swój ulubiony kącik w którym będzie się czuć jak w domu. Dla nas nie ma tematów tabu. Porozmawiasz w kulturalny sposób o czym tylko chcesz i dzięki nam poznasz wiele wartościowych osób. Zapraszamy wszystkich którzy mają szeroki zakres zainteresowań i chcą o wszystkim co ciekawe rozmawiać do woli. Jest to forum zarówno dla kobiet jak i dla mężczyzn, którzy internet traktują nie tylko jako miejsce spotkań, ale także jako źródło wiedzy i wymiany poglądów.

Szybkie linki

Reklama